Frequently Asked Questions


Applying to Graduate School

How do I apply?

Applying to graduate school is easy! Once you’ve decided on the program you want, and read up on the admissions criteria, head to https// and click “Enroll Now” to start your application. If you have everything ready, it should take you only five minutes (or even faster) to complete the process!

When is the application deadline?

For summer 2020, the application will be open from May 18-31, 2020. For the first semester of AY 2020-2021, you can submit your application starting June 8 until August 15, 2020.

How long does it take to apply?

You will be able to finish the application in 5 minutes (or faster!) provided you have all your documents.

What program should I choose?

If you want to pursue a program related to your undergraduate degree, or you want to try a completely new field of study, there’s a program for you! Here’s a quick rundown of our graduate programs;

Master of Arts in Education
Educational Leadership and Management
Special Education
Guidance and Counseling with thesis
Guidance and Counseling without thesis
Administration and Supervision
Educational Management
Master of Arts in Filipino
Master of Arts in English
Master of Arts in Teaching Mathematics
Master of Science in Environmental Science
General Science Education
Master of Library and Information Science
Master of Public Administration
Master of Business Administration
Doctor of Education (Filipino)
Doctor of Education (Educational Leadership)
Doctor of Philosophy (Behavioral Management)

Can’t decide yet if you are going to pursue a graduate degree? Take a course or certificate instead from our Center for Adult and Lifelong Learning (CALL), and learn the skills you need in a fraction of the time.

What supporting documents do I need to submit?

At UNC School of Graduate Studies, you can start learning right away and send us your documents later. Just fill in a few details and pay the minimum amount of Php 3,000.00 for your tuition fee. That’s it!
We will give you two months (60 days) to send us the following supporting documents:
1. Official Transcript of Records from your previous school (Original or Authenticated copy)
2. Three (3) copies of your 2 x 2 photo

I've lost all my supporting documents. Can I still apply?

You might be able to. Email [email protected] to talk about your options.

On eligibility

Can I apply for a graduate program if I don't have a university degree?

You will need an undergraduate degree to apply for our graduate programs. However, your degree does not need to be aligned with the program you are interested in. Confused? We are ready to help you! When you enroll, we will help you choose the program suited to your educational and professional goals.

How do I know which program to choose?

Great question! We are always ready to help you find the right program for your career. The program you choose depends on how much experience you have, and whether you’ve studied before. If you are looking for something shorter that gives you the skills you need, quickly, have a look at our courses and certificate program offered by our Center for Adult and Lifelong Learning (CALL).

Do I have to be over or lower a certain age to apply? Do you take older or younger students?

We accept both young and mature students! At Graduate School, we believe you’re never too young or too old to learn.

Do I need to have work experience to apply?

No. If you have work experience, that’s great, but you don’t need it to be accepted in any of our programs. Graduate School programs are practical, which means you’ll gain on-the-job skills while you learn.

Credit transfer

I've studied before. Can I receive credit?

Yes, that is possible. As long as your previous study is on a graduate-level program.

What is the transfer credit policy?

The Dean will evaluate requests for transfer credit on a case by case basis. Applicants wishing to receive transfer credit will need to submit a formal review request along with applicable official transcripts or certificates as part of the application process. If additional supporting documentation is required to validate the crediting of subjects, applicants will be notified of what they need to submit to complete the transfer credit application process.